The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Saturday Challenge FUN!!

Wow, Saturday already! Our Spring Break week flew by...and we weren't even that scheduled! The boys and I had some very fun days though, and even some crafting time as you can see below. :) I *heart* them and I *heart* being back in the stamping groove!


As part of diving back into my craft, I've been back to surfing some of the lovely blogs out there, and picking up interesting ideas, inspiration, and challenges for use in my own studio. I made this card on Thursday evening, but yesterday was so packed I didn't have time to blog it. So a lovely Saturday bonus instead!! I'll take it ;)

Here is the card I made, inspired by Verve's April Inspiration and Viva la Verve April Sketch for week #1. I combined it with a few other challenges too (below) as the card evolved.  I had actually colored another image with a different sketch in mind, and then I saw the verve colors and I thought "oh I have the PERFECT idea for this!!!"....I ended up hopping between the two cards a bit and at one point I confused myself so much on which papers were supposed to go where I just have to burst out laughing. hehe! Once I got back on track I finished both of the cards and called it the BEST stamping day of the year!


I can't tell you enough how much I ADORE this bunny image from Time 4 Tea Designs. When I saw it for the first time I actually went "squeeeeee!!". True story! So SO cute. He's a digi, so I printed him off on Papertrey white cardstock and colored with a whole pile of Copics. The sentiment is from Paper Pretties, I broke it up so I could use both the leaves and the tag to make the sentiment section.

Here is the inspiration from the amazing Julee at Verve - April Sketch #1 and April Inspiration:

Supplies:
Patterned papers from Basic Grey, Die Cuts With A View, and Stampin' Up
Papertrey white cardstock
Copic Markers
Stampin' Up Baja Breeze Ribbon
Baker's twine in pink
Martha Steward rose leaf punch
Time 4 Tea Designs: Somebunny Loves You
Paper Pretties: Sentiment from Birthday Sentiments
Self-adhesive pearls
Basic Grey button
Karen Foster Scrapper's Floss
EK Success border punches
Tag from Studio G


I chose birthday for this creation to play along with some other fabulous challenges this week. I have so much fun linking up and checking out other ladies' amazing creations too! Thanks for the ideas and inspiration everyone! :)

DRS Designs - #169: Birthday Blues
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #222: Anything Goes (entry 2 of 3)
The Pink Elephant Challenge - TPE293: Pastel Colors
Crafting For All Seasons - Animal Magic
Inky Impressions - IIC #204: Spring is in the Air
Paper Shelter - #198: Birthday with Sentiment
Loves Rubberstamps - #146: Anything Goes
Cards und More - #129: Tag
Cuttlebug Mania - Tag It (Swiss Dots Embossing Folder on the background paper, Nestabilities circles on the main image; both with Cuttlebug machine)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - March Challenge: Spring colors
Aud Sentiments - #129: Birthday
Clear It Out Challenge - Anything Goes (the Papers, Ribbon, pearls have been stashed for ages!)
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes (entry 2 of 3)
Crafting From The Heart - #54: Anything Goes (entry 2 of 3)
Digi Sketch Challenge - Furry Friends
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog - #51: Dots or Stripes
613 Avenue Create - #118: Anything Goes (entry 2 of 3)
Pile It On - #63: Dies or Punches
Robyn's Fetish - IDIC #258: Pastel Colors
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Birthday



15 people made my day!:

~ginny said...

You are so right - a bunny to squeal over! I like that you colored him with splotches to fit his "condition". I also like the many little details you've added to the sketch - the embossed background, the sentiment on the leaves, the twine tying off the ribbon! All are very creative & interesting! Thanks for celebrating with us & sharing your project & creativity at Aud Sentiments Birthday Party!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#129 – Birthday/ or No. 5 + Sentiment]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

What a darling card!!! Love the colors and the bunny is spectacular! Thanks for playing along with us @ Cuttlebug Mania!
Blessings,
Belinda DT

Kimbo said...

What a cute image, makes a lovely card

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

Shanna Shands said...

Cute card. Thanks for playing at Loves Rubberstamps.

Anonymous said...

Perfect Animal Card so cute.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs Elfie

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Such a sweet card Jennifer. Pretty image and lovely ribbon and patterned papers. Thank you so much Jennifer for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Julie B said...

You're right he is cute! Love the colours you've used.
Thanks for sharing at CuM. :)

Bianca said...

This is really such a lovely card. I love the image and your coloration too. Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons! Hugs Bianca

Unknown said...

Love this spring card!
Thanks for joining in on our Dots or Strips challenge - Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again in our next challenge as well!!

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card, has a lovely spring feel to it.
Thanks for sharing with us at the paper shelter
Hugs Kelly

Shelia said...

I really like this adorable image and the design of your sweet card. Thank you for joining us at DRS Designs this week!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just darling! Thanks for playing along with Viva la Verve!

Nancy said...

This is super cute...I may have to go and see about downloading this cute bunny! Your card is fabulous too! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday, we really appreciate it and we hope to see you again soon!

Michelle said...

This is so beautiful - gorgeous layout and colours - thank you for joining us this time at LTSCB and Good Luck - Michelle x

JoAnn said...

Love that adorable image on your lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...