The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Butterflies & Birthdays

Happy 4th of July!!! Today's card features Catherine with Butterfly from Anki's Sweethearts from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design. She's one of my favorite Anki's -- and I know she's seen the most ink!! This image is from the first series release. Sentiment is from the Pink Cat Studio Lily & Tweet plate, also available from SCACD.

I stamped my Sweetheart with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. I added some highlights with the Ranger white gel pen when all the coloring was done. Cut and matted using Curved Rectangle Nestabilities.

The card base is Chocolate Chip, and I painted it first with Silver Bells Shimmerz, and then after that dried I painted it with Pumpkin Shimmerz to get a softer brown color and a lot of BLING BLING going on! For once I used brads instead of rhinestones or pearls, hahaha, can you believe it?? Flowers are assorted paper goodies from my stash. Susana sells some great white ones that you can custom color with Shimmerz or Copic markers (or whatever, really!).

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!! Check out the TEASER I have for you......


2 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! The colors are fantastic! You did an amazing job of coloring her. Love the layout, too! great job!

Danni said...

Love the colors you chose! So pretty!! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...