The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, December 12, 2008

More Radient Rain - Make Good Use of Your Mask

Here's another card that came about from my Radient Rain playtime last month. If you remember the other cards (or scoll down), I used different masks in various ways and then sprayed or daubered over them with the Radient Rains. I was teaching myself, so I just tried everything I could think of. I worked for hours and then left everything to dry and went to bed. This flower is one of the things I was using as a mask, I used it a bunch of times and it was SOAKED and kinda crumpled up too. Imagine my surprise when I came down the next morning and it was PRETTY!! Great colors and lots of shimmer too.

So I decided to make it the focal point of this card! Not only did I get tons of use of the flower as a mask but now I can use it as an embellishment too! {Note that this is a silk flower, NOT a paper one}. I stamped on it using the flower words background stamp from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps, did some stamping on a sheet of Radient Rain'd background paper (then Cuttlebugged it), added the hardware piece and it was done. Once you have the flower and background piece done up with the Radient Rains, this is a 10 minute card (almost unheard of around here!). You can buy the Radient Rain sprays and daubers from the Prickley Pear web store!

9 people made my day!:

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Jennifer...love the colors and how you added the button in the center of the flower....AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an incredible card. The flower appears to be just an illusions. Awesome card!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Wow, this is incredible, so beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

This is amazing!! I love it!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is so pretty, Jen! Wow! I love how the different colors splash and almost make it look distressed, and how the words go over the flower...BEAUTIFUL!

Dawn said...

SO PRETTY! I love the colors in this and that flower is spectacular!

Courtney said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous!

Julia said...

Gorgeous!!

Kari said...

Fantastic card!!! It is so beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...