The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, September 26, 2008

Aaarrhhh! A Shimmerzy Pirate Cupcake!

Ahoy Matey!! Here's a fun Friday card featuring my adorable new pirate images from Jessica Lynn Original. I really like these because they LOOK piratey - not all cutesey'd up like some I've seen lately, YKWIM? Anyway, they were perfect for several challenges when I sat down to stamp today ~ love it when a plan comes together!! But what the heck am I talking about cupcakes for?? I used Taylor's Cupcake Challenge for the sketch (TECC35) even though I am aware that pirate ships are not cupcakes, heehee.

I wanted to use Kraft today for the Verve September Project Parade - Natural Fiber Challenge. I was thrilled to see this one because I LOVE Kraft! I haven't used it in awhile though, now that I think about it, so this was a fabulous push in the right direction. Since I wanted Kraft in there anyway, I went with the colors from this week's Color Throwdown of Olive, Kraft and Red (CTD12). Nice! They were probably thinking Christmas but hey, pirates work too!

This is a pretty straightforward card. I cut all the cardstock to size, then ran the red layer through my Cuttlebug with the Skull Scroll folder. Then I covered the whole thing with Angel Dust Shimmerz to give it some more depth. After I stamped the skull images I painted over them with Coal Shimmerz. Go Shimmerz! I colored the ship with Copics and layered it on. Lots of dimensionals here as usual, I need a place to buy those babies in BULK. May Arts ribbon finishes it off, and the sentiment is from another Jessica Lynn Original set (Adventure), punched out with the Word Window punch.

Supplies, etc.: Stamps - JessicaLynnOriginal.com. Paper - Red, Kraft, Olive, GP 110# white. Ink - Palette Noir. Other - Cuttlebug and Skull Swirl folder, dimensionals, Copic markers, scissors, red glaze pen, Angel Wings and Coal Shimmerz, Word Window punch, 1/16" circle punch, May Arts ribbon, paint brush, craft knife.

16 people made my day!:

Taylor said...

This is so cute! I love your shimmery skulls! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Christi Flores said...

This is adorable!! I used kraft on my project today too. Isn't it yummy?!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This is really cute!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

LOVE this! How fun! Great layout & the skulls look fabulous painted with that shimmerz. New product to drool over, uh oh! Scary! ;o)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous card!!! It is so adorable!!! Beautifully done!

Mary Dawn said...

love!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this!! I need to get ahold of some of that Shimmerz paint!!

Kisa Peters said...

Ooh! Such a great layout....and the colors worked so well! How fun with the pirates! GREat card!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

WOW what a beautiful card, my son would adore this! Hugs Linda

littlepopits@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Love your card! The pirates are terrific and so are the colors...

Ida said...

Wow this is fantastic. I love all the shimmer. - I played to if you want to check out my card.

Broni said...

How cool to use these colors for a pirate card! I love how you combined the color challenge with Taylor's sketch! Such a cool card!!

Kathryn said...

Cute Cute Cute -- LOVE the pirate ship and skulls -- fabulous card! :)

Kari said...

Very fun card!!!

Shirley said...

What a totally wonderful and cute card! I love how you did the 4 skull and cross-bones with the ship on top!

Anonymous said...

I love everything "pirate", so I love this!

Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...