The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, February 8, 2008

Verve Sketch & Prickley Pear

Well I finally got an ok photo of this card so I can post! It still isn't quite perfect, the main image and the mats for the tabs are a shimmery ivory cardstock and that shimmer doesn't come through in the pic, but oh well. I know how to use my photo software too so I don't know WHAT the problem is!! It's as good as it's going to get for now so here it is. :-)

This card uses the sketch that Verve Visual has posted for their Guest Designer challenge contest. I love Julee's sketches (check out her blog too) and I really had fun with this one! The Celery & DSP layer is on dimensionals and the main image is on dimensionals on top of that. It really pops when you see it in person. Lots of sponging on this one too to soften and blend in those edges.

This card also uses the Valentine Hearts & Flourishes stamp set from Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. I *love* this sheet, I am so glad I got it. There are 12 images on this sheet and most can be used for any type of card or project, especially wedding, anniversary, and of course Valentine's Day.

Complete supply list: Stamps - Valentine Hearts & Flourishes from Prickley Pear. Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Blus Blossom from Stampin' Up!, Poison Ivory Iridescent, TAC 8x8 designer paper. Ink: Chocolate Chip classic and Blush Blossom Craft. Accessories: Sponges, dimensionals, self-adhesive pearls from K&Company.

8 people made my day!:

Lesly said...

Gorgeous Card!!!!

Amber said...

Beautiful card... I like the layering and the brads!

Diane said...

Ooh la la this is a gorgeous card!!
Love all the layers and the pearls are very nice!!

Melzie said...

Love it!

I have to say, I *LOVE* the name of your blog, hilarious!

Tangii said...

Very cute card! I like your blog and your banner (gorgeous glitter!!!!). Have a great weekend!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Lovely card! Great job.

Maria said...

Great card, good job with the challenge. I gave it a try myself. It was a fun sketch.

LindaB said...

Love your layout and colors - beautiful card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...