The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Friday, January 18, 2008

No Stamping Time AGAIN!


This is awful! Once again, I had no time to stamp today. I am making time tomorrow no matter what, let me tell ya! I also have a tutorial written up to share with you but I still have to photograph the finished sample. Hopefully tomorrow. To-morrow! To-morrow! I love ya....tomorrow...you're only a day..a....way.... *snort* Sorry, I'm done now!

So for today, here's a tag book that I made awhile back. I actully made eight of these - talk about time consuming! I used to do a monthly swap with some ladies that I worked with and I was SO late on my cards one month I made these as an extra "please don't hate me" giftie. As you can see, I left them pretty plain so they could decorate and use them if they wanted or even give as a gift.

These little tag books are really easy to make.

1. Take one piece of 12 x 12 double-sided paper. Score at 6". Rotate 90 degrees and score at 3", 6" and 9". Make the folds then open back up.

2. Think about your design. For this one, I tore off the left panel, cut down the next one, left the next one alone except for punching the 1-1/4" semi-circle at the top, and cut & folded over the last panel on the far right. Normally I would do a lot more decorating than this but I wanted to leve them pretty generic.

3. Once you're happy with the layout, go ahead and adhere the book along each score/fold and both edges. Because the bottom is a fold you don't need any adhesive there. I used sticky strip centered over the creases for this book. You want your adhesive as skinny as possible so you have more room for the tags that go inside each panel.

4. Cut your tags and decorate accordingly. Fold the book into a double-z fold and tie with ribbon. I had my ribbon go behind one of the Prima flowers with a glue dot and then thread through a colored spiral clip on the other side so it didn't wiggle around. I tied a bow on the other side of the spiral clip once the ribbon was threaded through (when closed).

Now that I've revisited this project I am feeling the need to make another, complete with stamping and pics. That does it, I need to just cut out sleep entirely!

1 people made my day!:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely ADORABLE!! Thank you for posting instructions. I just love it and will probably try it tomorrow.

Thanks again! Yours is really cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...