The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Snow Signs #3


My third card using the Snow Signs set from FireCracker Designs. This is another standard A2 size card. Cardstock from Stampin' Up! - Soft Sky and Not Quite Navy.
For the background piece, I had to get fancy with the Cuttlebug. My goal was to make the embossed snowflakes falling all around Mr. Snowman, with the adorable sentiment "My Best Friends Are Flakes" standing out in the sign (get it?!?!).

So I first masked off the area of the snowman image I didn't want and stamped him in Palette Hybrid Noir - the best black ink ever. Then I used the Snowflakes embossing folder with the Cuttlebug until I got all the areas covered. To finish off the main piece I rubbed Versamark ink all over the top and added Iridescent Ice EP to give it shine (it's hard to see the shine in this photo though).

For the snowman, I went around the parts I wanted to be white with the Versamarker and used 2 coats of Winter White EP. Added the carrot nose, white grosgrain and snowflake brad. I used the square steps corner punch from SU (retired).

0 people made my day!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...