The Latest From My Instagram Feed - Click to View!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Snow Lady Wreath #4


Ok, the last card for the Snow Lady Wreath set for my October FCD DT cards (yes, I know it's November 13th today, LOL). The snowflakes in the background are from the Snow Sign set. This one is my personal favorite, I think it's the colors.

All cardstock from Stampin' Up! of course, that's my biggest purchase from them these days. Bashful Blue, Bravo Burgundy and Whisper White. SU ticket corner and scallop circle punches, and the other circles are from EK Success. The ribbon and snowflake brad are from the LSS. I colored his hat and scarf with a gel pen and used ink/blender pen for the watercoloring.

Tip/opinion of the day on watercoloring - I don't like that method nearly as well as aquapainters - not sure what I was thinking when I passed them over! I find I have a lot more control using the aquapainter and am much less likely to make the paper pill up or have dark spots in the image over using blender pens. It takes a bit of time to master the aqua painter, but I think overall it's a better product to do the actual watercoloring using ink and also watercolor crayons. Don't get me wrong, blender pens have lots of good uses, but for straight watercoloring, go with the aquapainter. :-)

0 people made my day!:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...